Working with strings
The String class contains methods that let you work with text strings. Strings are important in working with many objects. The methods described here are useful for working with strings used in objects such as TextField, StaticText, XML, ContextMenu, and FileReference objects.
Strings are sequences of characters. ActionScript 3.0 supports ASCII and Unicode characters.
- Basics of strings
- Creating strings
- The length property
- Working with characters in strings
- Comparing strings
- Obtaining string representations of other objects
- Concatenating strings
- Finding substrings and patterns in strings
- Converting strings between uppercase and lowercase
- Strings example: ASCII art
More Help topics